Just a reminder to myself of these nice names
- Ionian (I). “Natural” major mode.
- Dorian (II). Quite standard minor, specially in Celtic music. E.g. “Drunken Sailor“
- Phrygian (III). Intriging minor, flamenco-like. E.g. Jefferson Airplane‘s “White Rabbit“
- Lydian (IV). Strange major. “Man on the Moon” by R.E.M.
- Mixolydian (V). Major, with a H instead of a B. E.g. “Marquee Moon” by Television. (*)
- Aeolian (VI). “Natural” minor mode.
- Locrian (VII). Very strange minor. Sometimes used in Jazz.
(*) To Do: List of songs of Marquee Moon (album) with their tuning and scales.